|Are you a spender?|
1) Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon group unity.
2) Our leaders are but trusted servants; they do not govern.
3) The only requirement for Spenders Anonymous membership is a desire to stop spending money, time, energy and ourselves.
4) Each group should be self-governing except in matters affecting other groups of Spender Anonymous as a whole.
5) Spenders Anonymous has but one primary purpose-to carry its message to the compulsive spender who still suffers.
6) Spenders Anonymous ought never endorse, finance or lend the Spenders Anonymous name to any related facility or outside enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary purpose.
7) Every Spenders Anonymous group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
8) Spender Anonymous should remain forever non-professional, but our service center may employ special workers.
9) Spenders Anonymous, as such, ought never be organized, but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve.
10) Spenders Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the Spenders Anonymous name ought never be drawn into public controversy.
11) Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion. We need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, films and television.
12) Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of Spenders Anonymous program, ever reminding us to place principles before personalities.